2017 Platinum & Palladium Printing Workshop with Paul Taylor
June 15, 16, 17, & 18
August 10, 11, 12, & 13
Paul Taylor Director of Renaissance Press will be hosting intensive Platinum / Palladium printing workshops this summer. The skills learned from the digital film discussions and tutorials will enable workshop attendees to return to their studios and make beautiful digital film for any contact print based photographic process. A PowerPoint presentation detailing all aspects of the process taught at the workshop will be given to participants. Included in the presentation will be a list of suppliers and numerous helpful references. The discussions are clear, concise and readily understood by all levels of students.
The workshops will cover:
- An Overview of Color Management
- Digital File Preparation
- Scanning from Film or Hand Drawn Media
- Linearization with Quad Tone Rip
- Na2 and Potassium Chlorate Contrast Controls
- Trouble Shooting Issues Common with Platinum and Palladium Printing, Gelatin Sizing and Calendering for Papers that Benefit from Surface Sizing and Smooth Surfaces
- Clear Gum Bichromate Over Printing for Increased Dmax and Luminosity
- Testing for Proper Clearing Procedures
Registration & Tuition:
Four Day Workshop Tuition $1,000.00 + materials
A 50% deposit is required to secure a place in the workshop.
Please see the Workshop Overview page for important information.
To register please contact Paul Taylor